Monday, November 8, 2010

What a day :)

Today was lovely..all my babies were in daycare so it was a Mummy/Daddy day which is very rare and not to be taken for granted. Usually it involves us going out for lunch, then groceries all while secretly laughing at other parents struggling with their own kids doing the exact same things as us...mean, I know, but I do feel sorry for them, but happy for me to have some time out. In a family of 5, time alone is almost non-existent and I wonder what on earth I ever did with my free time before children. The freedom to go anywhere, anytime, to do anything I wanted. These days, going for a shower or to the bathroom alone is a feat in itself!

I think everyone needs to have their own space and own time to do what they like when they like. You can lose yourself when you are a part of a relationship, especially when you become a mother and wife. Not only are you responsible for yourself, you also have a husband, and your children to contend with. Mothers do get the raw deal sometimes, but would I change it? Never...I love my life and though I might grizzle about being at the bottom of the food chain in our family, I can't see myself doing anything else and being as happy as I am. However, getting back to the alone time, I wish some days, I could just take off in my car and go wherever I want for how ever long I want. It is easy for my hubby to do that, as the home will still function just as it always does if he isn't here..on the other hand, when I go out of the house alone for more than an hour, all hell breaks loose at home and chaos will be awaiting me when I step back inside. Now, don't get me wrong, hubby is very capable of "babysitting" ( I love that phrase that fathers use to look after their own children, LOL), its just that men don't have the patience that women do when it comes to down to things. Its just one of many ways men and women are different to each other.

Today, hubby showed me how generous of a man he is, and how much he loves me. I feel very lucky to have such a wonderful person as my partner for life and its been through good and hard times that we have stuck together and worked things out instead of running away from our troubles. Communication to me is the only key to a successful relationship. You can work through anything so long as you are able to listen to someone else's reasons and not take everything personally. Just because you think a certain way does not mean that someone else thinks that way as well. We are all different but we can work well together if there is give and take from each other, not just one giving and one taking all the time.



Love one another, but make not a bond of love
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.

Fill each other's cup, but drink not from one cup.
Give one another of your bread, but eat not from the same loaf.

Sing and dance together and be joyous,
but let each one of you be alone,
Even as the strings of a lute are alone
though they quiver with the same music.

Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping;
For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.

And stand together yet not too near together;
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow. 
Kahlil Gibran

No comments:

Post a Comment