Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bit of this, bit of that :)

Today I felt very homely. I made a loaf of bread, from scratch with my hands, not a bread machine and it was awesome. I would take a picture, but its been half demolished now...oh look, I will be right back after I take a picture because I am rather proud of it. :)




I know that it doesn't look very pretty, but taste wise its wonderful and as the saying goes, "You should never judge a book by its cover." LOL. It takes a lot of time and effort to make your own bread and yes, I know that it is probably easier and only slightly cheaper to just go the shop and buy a payless loaf of bread, but where is the fun and the sense of accomplishment that comes with making your own bread? People have been doing it for thousands of years and I've shown myself that I too can do it!  

I love baking, especially yummy, fattening stuff hence my rotundish appearance ;-) and this Sunday is my little boy's 3rd birthday. He is into Toy story at the moment, so I have decided to make a flat cake as the base, a loaf sized cake to make Andy's bed and use chocolate Flakes and melted chocolate hardened into a bed head and end part of the bed. Coloured icing in blue with stars as decoration and marshmallow pillow and then I've got an 8 piece set of small toys to decorate the whole lot. I love making cakes for birthdays. Here are a couple of ones that I really loved doing. 

     I made this one, and the girls decorated it for me for my last birthday.


The sign says it all really :)


This was for Ayla's Under the Sea Party. 

So I will put up a pic of the finished cake from this Sunday at some stage. Still undecided if it will be going to the park or staying at home, as its supposed to be raining all weekend. We shall see. 

All our words are but crumbs that fall down from the feast of the mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment