Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sweetness

I love my kids more than anything else in this world. They are my life and moments like this morning at breakfast make me happy that I am so lucky to have three gorgeous little beings surrounding me every day. The way things have worked out in our household is that I have always tended to the children during the night, from newborn until now and in the future. Daddy has never had to get out of bed to do a night feed or change, and in return he then gets up with the kids when they wake in the morning and lets me have a lovely sleep in, and most mornings a nice cup of tea too! Yes, spoilt, I know but I love it ;-)  This might not work for other parents, but it is a great arrangement for us, and allows us both to get enough rest without both of us having an interrupted night time.

So, this morning upon waking, I walk down to the kitchen and DS 3 spies me and gives me a huge smile, whilst saying " Good morning, Mummy", then comes running at me to give me a hug and kiss. When I lift him up, he snuggles close and says "You are the beautifuliest sweetheart, Mummy." What a lovely way to greeted in the morning! It makes up for those times when he is having temper tantrums, and bursting ear drums with his high-pitched screams or fighting with his sisters and I want to just throw them all in the freezer for a half hour or so to chill them out a bit. *Please note, that statement is for illustrative purposes only and is not a recommended form of time out just in case someone reading this really thinks that I would do such a thing. :s So, it started my day off on such a lovely note of sweetness that I thought I would share it with everyone :)

Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.


You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.



KAHLIL GIBRAN

2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure I love Bo.. he is the cutest. most adorable child ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sure is, but then I'm pretty biased ;)

    ReplyDelete